Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Favorite Literary Love Quotes

Hey guys,
  I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the warmer (just a little bit) weather. I'm currently being entertained by three-year-old niece whose wild imagination reminds me so much of myself when I was her age. Tomorrow is her birthday (yes, she's a Valentine's Day baby) and her birthday party is Sunday afternoon. I'm also counting her as my Valentine.
  Since I have a fairly long post planned for tomorrow I thought I would write a short post today with some of my favorite quotes about love from novels. There are so many love stories but very few make an impact on me. I've chosen a select few quotes to share with you that I think are a good example of love.

Love Quotes

-For where all love is, speaking is unnecessary. It is all. It is undying. And it is enough. -Outlander, Diana Gabaldon

-Ye are Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone, I give ye my body, that we Two might be One. I give ye my Spirit, 'til our Life shall be Done. -Outlander, Diana Gabaldon

-It is a blessing as well as a burden to love so much that you can hurt so badly when love is gone. -A Discovery of Witches, Deborah Harkness

-As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once. -The Fault In Our Stars, John Green

-We are all fools in love. -Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

-Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. -Lord Alfred Tennyson, British Poet

-Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. -Leo Tolstoy, Russian Novelist

-Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, /And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. -A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

-If music be the food of love; play on. -Shakespeare

And just for fun...

-Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. -Charlie Brown, Peanuts Comics


  There are so many other great love quotes but these are a few that I really like. Thanks for reading!

                                        Sincerely,
                                                        Erin a.k.a. Bookworm 



No comments:

Post a Comment