Thursday, February 20, 2014

Books I Can't Wait to Read

Hey guys,
  I hope everyone's day is off to a great start. I'm having a great week and tomorrow I get to spend the day with my lovely niece.
  I realize I always talk about books I've read or books I want to read but today I want to talk about specific books I want to read. These are books that continue a series I've been reading or new books by an author I love. All of these books are supposed to be published sometime this year so I'm pretty excited to read them.

Books I Can't Wait For

-Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon: the 8th book in the Outlander series. It continues the story of Claire and Jamie and their families. Since I've been obsessing over this series I can hardly contain my excitement.


-The Vampires of Manhattan by Melissa de la Cruz: this is a sequel to the Blue Bloods series. It takes place some years after the events of the last Blue Bloods book but involves some of the same characters from the series as well as some new characters.


-The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz: this is the first book in a new series. From the summary I gather that it's an alternate history of the royals of the Franco-British Empire and Prussia with magical elements.


-City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare: this is the 6th and final book in The Mortal Instruments series. I'm anxious to see how the story ends.


-The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare: this is the first book in a new series called Magisterium. I'm not sure exactly what this is about but I will basically read anything by Cassandra Clare. The summary briefly explains the book is about 12-year-old Callum Hunt and magicians.


-The One by Kiera Cass: this is the 3rd book in The Selection trilogy. The trilogy is set in the future and could be described as the Hunger Games as a dating show. It's kind of like a futuristic version of The Bachelor.


-Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl: this is the first book in a sequel series to the Beautiful Creatures series. Instead of focusing on Lena and Ethan this is about Link and Ridley in New York.


-Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor: this is the 3rd book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy. I would personally like if Karou and Akiva could be together (I'm sucker for romance and I hate when a couple is not together when they should be).


-Panic by Lauren Oliver: this is a new book by the author of the Pandemonium Trilogy (which I love). Oliver has written another original story about a town called Carp, that's in the middle of nowhere. The graduating high school seniors play a game called Panic. If it's anything like her other books I know I'll enjoy it.


  Of course this is just a very short list of books on my to-read list. My actual list is about 8 pages long (and that's just one of my lists). You should probably expect me to write a review about a few of these books in the future. Have a great day everyone! Thanks for reading!

                             Sincerely,
                                             Erin a.k.a. Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment