Monday, February 10, 2014

Most Famous Female Literary Characters

Hey guys,
  I hope you all had a great weekend. My weekend was quite relaxing and enjoyable despite the fact that I wasn't feeling the best. Today I went into clean freak mode and cleaned the whole house. I know, what a productive Monday. Now that I'm done cleaning I'm ready to write my new post.
  As you all know, I read a lot. I've read so many books I can't remember nearly all of them. So when I find myself remembering a specific character I consider that character to be important. If I'm noticing these characters I'm certain that other people are as well. These characters could be considered the most famous literary characters. I'm going to share a few of the most famous female literary characters (at least in my opinion) with you.

Most Famous Female Literary Characters

-Elizabeth Bennet: from Jane Austen's novel "Pride and Prejudice."She's been portrayed by many actresses in multiple movies. She's famous for her headstrong personality and her stubborn belief in marrying a man she loves.

                                         Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet

-Scarlett O'Hara: from Margaret Mitchell's "Gone With The Wind." A Southern belle whose romance with Rhett Butler has captivated many people.

                                 Vivien Leigh as Scarlet O'Hara

-Guinevere: from multiple books pertaining to King Arthur and his knights. King Arthur falls in love with her but there are some versions of the story that say she had an affair with his knight Lancelot.

                           "The Accolade" by Edmund Blair Leighton (Guinevere and Arthur)

-Jane Eyre: from Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre."After struggling for most of her life she falls in love with Edward Rochester while working as a governess at Thornfield Hall.

                                  Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre

-Hermione Granger: from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. The voice of reason for Ron and Harry when they don't think things through. She's smart and great at making sure people know it.

                                    Emma Watson as Hermione Granger

-Hester Prynne: from Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter."She's forced to wear the scarlet 'A' for committing adultery and having a child out of wedlock.

                                         Demi Moore as Hester Prynne

-Nancy Drew: from Carolyn Keene's Nancy Drew Mystery Series. She may not be a famous literary character to some but she's always stuck out in my mind. She solves mysteries while working with her friends, boyfriend, or the Hardy Boys.

                                                Emma Roberts as Nancy Drew

  There are so many other female characters I could add to this list but I decided to narrow it down to seven. Tomorrow I will share some of the most famous male literary characters. Hope you enjoyed reading. Have a great evening!

                                    Sincerely,
                                                    Erin a.k.a. Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment